Tuesday, August 8, 2006

They Really Do Exist

I would not have believed it if I had not experienced it first-hand today. No offense to Doug Philips, or any of the other speakers and writers I had heard expounding on the merits of the practice. I was beginning to think the whole idea was merely a product of their own optimism with no basis in fact.

Over the past few months, I have been frantically searching calmly investigating my options in finding a young lady to come to help the week after I deliver our newest baby. My rose-colored dreams involved a young lady, finished with formal schooling, who lives at home, a mature believer skilled in homemaking and childcare. I prayed for someone who would have enough margin built in to her life that she could be free to answer the Lord's call to come and serve at our house for a few days at a moments notice. Granted, it was a pipe dream tall order, but I was hopeful.

I think I am in love. This dream lady came over today and spent most of the day getting to know the children, experiencing our routine, and fellowshipping with the children and me. Miss Bekah is better by far than I even imagined-a gift to our family from the Lord. I had forgotten how thorough the Lord is when He bestows gifts. Not only was this young lady homeschooled and raised on a farm, (nothing inherently righteous there, just that she "gets" us), but her Momma was a La Leche League Leader, and she appears to know more about childbirth and nursing than the average first-time mother. Apparently they do exist.

The more I know about this young lady... the more I want to sit at her Momma's feet and learn from her.

The more I know about this young lady... the more I want to sit at my Lord's feet and thank Him for sending her.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights..." James 1: 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before writing your comment, be sure to read the Fine Print!