Monday, May 7, 2007

Laundry Detergent, Lists and Blogs

I bought laundry detergent. I sold my chickens, too. One cow is gone, so is 99% of my RSS feed list of daily reads. I ditched the Greek curriculum and unit studies, but acquired two newborn calves, and an automatic cat-food feeder. Trying to figure out the common thread here?

I mentioned here that our going through a difficult winter spurred me to get very practical with Father. I was melting down under the burdens that I had placed on myself. I came to a place of making a list of all that was on my plate, the small and the great, the important and the fleeting, and bringing each item to my Father in absolute (finally) humility... I was determined to obey whatever He instructed me to do or to ditch. It has been several months now, since instituting some of the major changes that Father has shown me, and I wanted to give you an update on several fronts.

First, to share exactly in which areas we have made said changes, and secondly, to share the effects of such changes. Some alterations were made amidst much kicking and screaming on my part, ("But, but, but..."), some reordering occured without anyone noticing, and still other remodeling has been unexpectedly, nothing short of life changing. A metamorphosis has occurred in our family, and I want to share it with you in hopes that you, too may benefit.

I'll start the list of things we changed tomorrow, but I wanted to first leave you with these few blog posts that really ministered to me during the trial this winter:

JavaDawn's Distracted With Much Serving and Choosing the Good Portion and...Holly's  Dear Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read the changes, Julie.

    I'm delighted to see your new blog - look forward to reading your thoughts. You always challenge me.

    ReplyDelete

Before writing your comment, be sure to read the Fine Print!